If you need us for any reason please get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01603 870 394 (we might not always be available on the phone but will call you back as soon as we can).
In the meantime here is a list of questions we’re frequently asked, with some helpful answers.
What can I expect prior to arrival?
- A couple of weeks before arrival we will email you with some useful information. This will include options for your welcome hamper, directions and suggestions on items to bring.
What happens when we arrive?
- When you arrive at the Round the Woods car park, just off Morton Lane you will find a bell to ring to alert us of your arrival. We will come and greet you and show you the way to your accommodation. It’s a short walk but don’t worry we will help you with all of your luggage. There will be trolleys and wheelbarrows to load your luggage in and we will walk with you to your accommodation.
Do you have parking?
- We have enough parking for 7 cars at Round the Woods. Parking is just off Morton Lane, through the gate. For security purposes we keep the gate locked after guests have checked in and you will be given a key to come and go at your convenience during your stay.
How far from the car park to our accommodation?
- The car park is 160-200m from the yurts and roundhouse. There is a grass path that leads down to the accommodation. We require guests to leave their vehicles in the car park, which is near the entrance to the site, as many of us use our vehicles to commute and for routine tasks and we would like our guests to fully relax whilst staying with us and leave those reminders of daily life behind. We also want the site to be safe for children to enjoy and therefore a car free site is a priority. But don't worry, we've got trolleys and will be on hand to help transport your luggage to your accommodation on arrival.
How is luggage transported?
- We use trolleys and wheelbarrows to transport luggage from the car park to your accommodation. We will greet you on arrival and will help you with your luggage.
What time is check in and check out
- Any time from 4pm until 9.30pm, we are unable to arrange for an early check in. There will be an additional charge of £15 an hour for check in after 9.30pm. Please provide us with an approximate check in time prior to arrival and give us as much notice as possible if you are likely to arrive after 9.30pm so we can make the necessary arrangements for one of us to greet you. Check out is by 10.30am and we love to personally say goodbye and thank you to our guests on departure if we are able to. Please contact us to see if we can arrange for a late check out for an additional charge.
How can I get to Round the Woods by public transport?
- The nearest railway station is Norwich. The X29 bus runs from Norwich Bus Station to Fakenham up to every hour. The closest bus stop is in Lenwade, about 1 mile from Round the Woods and is called Lenwade Porters Lane. We offer a collection service from Lenwade and do not recommend walking this route as there is no pavement. Alternatively a recommended taxi company is ABC Taxis
Will we be warm enough?
- Your comfort and warmth are really important to us. We provide a woodburning stove and all the logs and kindling you need for your stay. In your yurt you'll also find cosy woollen blankets, throws & hot water bottles in addition to snuggly duvets. The woodburner is nice & straightforward to use but we live onsite and can help you get it roaring away if you struggle.
What do I need to bring?
- Here is what we recommend you bring with you for your stay.
What is provided?
Here is a detailed list of everything we provide for your stay.
Do you accept pets at Round the Woods?
- We do not accept pets onto the site at Round the Woods.
What cooking equipment do you provide?
- In your yurt you'll find a fully equipped off-grid kitchen. There's a 2 hob gas cooker, a small oven at the top of the woodburner, a cool box, and a supply of pots, pans, crockery, cutlery & utensils. There's also a BBQ outside your yurt with BBQ coal & a communal campfire cooking kit for your use. Take a look at exactly whats included.
- In the shower building there is a communal fridge and microwave as well as a freezer with ice blocks for the cool box.
Do you provide fresh drinking water?
- Yes, we provide freshly filtered water for drinking and cooking. You will find a containers full of fresh water in your accommodation upon arrival. There is a filtered water tap alongside the washing up area at the shower building for refilling your containers. Our water is from our own borehole which is pumped from 45m below ground.
Where can we get a good meal on the first night?
- Our local fish and chip shop in Lenwade is excellent quality and is open Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays - they close early. Our closest pub, The Parson Woodforde in Weston Longville serves food 7 days a week (Mon - Fri 10-2.30 & 6-9; Sat 10-11, 12-3 & 6-9; & Sun 10-11 & 12-6) and is a 20 minute walk away. The Fox in Lyng is a great family friendly option and serves food Tues - Sun with Streetfood on Mondays during the summer months (Tues - Sat 12-9; Sun 9-11, 12-4 & 5-8; & streetfood Mon 5-7).
Where is the closest shop for a few provisions for the first evening & brekky?
- We provide a welcome hamper with breakfast items for your first breakfast. We can also provide breakfast for additional days, celebration hampers and BBQ hampers so your stay can be extra special and you can begin relaxing straight away. Our local butcher and baker in Lenwade provide the meat and bread for our hampers and are a great option for local supplies. The Norfolk Farm Shop alongside Taverham Garden Centre is good for fruit and veg and other provisions. The local shop in Lyng has general supplies as wel as has a little tea room.
- If you're after a supermarket there is a Sainsbury's at Longwater (15 mins away) off the A47, Tesco on A1067 in Drayton & Asda in Hellesdon as well as Morrisons, Lidl and Aldi in Dereham and Fakenham. Let us know if you need directions to any of these. We're also happy to accept a food delivery prior to your arrival, please give them the house address and let us know when it is expected so that we can make sure someone is around for the delivery. It would also be handy to get in touch with us before booking your delivery slot in case there is a time that works best for us. We'll pop your delivery in the shower building ready for your arrival including putting any chilled items in the fridge.
Can we arrange for a food delivery?
- We're very happy to accept a food delivery prior to your arrival, please give them the house address and let us know when it is expected so that we can make sure someone is around for the delivery. It would also be handy to get in touch with us before booking your delivery slot in case there is a time that works best for us. We'll pop your delivery in the shower building ready for your arrival including putting any chilled items in the fridge.
What can I expect from the compost toilet?
- The compost toilet, or bog cabin as ours are fondly called, is very pleasant and nothing to be anxious about. Your yurt has a private compost toilet alongside which is cleaned and emptied prior to your arrival. You'll find a normal toilet seat with a urine separator towards the front and a bucket at the back for solids and toilet paper. We provide sawdust for sprinkling in the bucket as well as toilet roll and hand soap. A hand pump tap provides water for the sink. There are motion sensor lights for use in the dark and instructions to reassure you that you're using it correctly. The key thing is for men to sit down so that the urine separator is used and to make sure young children sit far enough back, otherwise they're very straightforward.
What lighting is there for when it gets dark?
- Our yurts have solar lighting which includes fairy lights as well as bedside lights and a light each to sufficiently light the kitchen and dining table. We also provide tea lights and torches. There is a light on the outside of the shower building that stays on all night as well as solar fairy lights at the washing up sink and along the meadow paths leading to the yurts. There are also path lights outside the compost toilets.
How far away from each other are the yurts & roundhouse?
- Oak Tree and Hazelnut Yurts are 80m apart across the meadow. Oak Tree Yurt is 40m from the Roundhouse. Having our accommodation at these distances ensures that our guests have privacy and plenty of space for relaxing.
- The shower building is 100-140m from the glamping accommodation and there are grass paths providing good access.
What if we need help or there is an emergency?
- We live onsite near to the car park and there is normally someone on hand if you need help with anything. There are instructions for what to do in an emergency in your accommodation and at emergency points. If you run out of anything let us know and we'll restock you as soon as possible, including logs, kindling and sawdust.
- The nearest hospital, Norfolk and Norwich Hospital, is 20 minutes drive away in case of a medical emergency.
Is there good phone signal? How can we charge our electronics?
- Most networks receive great phone and 4g signal from the majority of our site. There are charging lockers located in the shower building for charging electronics.
Do you offer additional breakfast and celebratory hampers?
- We offer hampers which you can order in advance to make your stay extra special and to ensure you can begin relaxing as soon as you arrive. Please provide at least 3 days notice for these hampers to enable us to source local provisions. The hampers can be ordered at the point of booking or by contacting us directly.
What do you stock in your honesty shop?
- We have a small honesty shop in the shower building which stocks Dann's ice cream and lollies including a dairy free option, Gnaw chocolate bars, buttons and hot chocolate shots, Crush cold pressed rapeseed oil and dressings, Whin Hill apple juice, sustainable British bbq coal tubes and bags and local, natural shampoo and shower gel. We provide a tin for guests to pay for their purchases, a notebook to record what you buy and a supply of change. Please do inform us if we need to restock items that you would like to purchase or if you require additional change.
What is provided in the shower rooms?
- We have 2 spacious luxury shower rooms each with a shower, sink, hair dryer, chair, hooks for towels, local Natural Soap Company shampoo and shower gel and a towel radiator. There is also a shaving socket in each shower room.
Do we have access to much space to explore onsite?
- You will have access to 18 acres including a woodland and County Wildlife Site meadow that has been recently planted with baby trees, including willow. We have 2 small wildlife ponds and we manage the site for the benefit of wildlife. We coppice the hazel trees in our woodland which provides us with logs, kindling and materials for woodland crafts.
Were your yurts featured on Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing?
- Round the Woods had the pleasure of being featured in Episode 1 of Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing. Bob Mortimer stayed in Hazelnut Yurt and Paul Whitehouse stayed in Oak Tree Yurt. They stayed for 2 nights in October 2017 and the show can be seen on iPlayer
What wildlife can we spot?
- We manage our site in a wildlife friendly way and our wildlife meadow is a County Wildlife Site. Lots of wildlife has been spotted at Round the Woods. Including Barn owls, Egyptian Geese, Kestrel, wild deer (& deer from the Dino park's deer safari across the stream), Hares, Rabbits, Woodpeckers, Frogs, Tadpoles and Toads, Pheasants, Jays, Rooks, Buzzards, Stoat, Kingfisher, Cuckoo, Red-Legged Partridges and lots more. Keep your eyes out and we'd love to hear what you spot.
Is your meadow full of wildflowers?
- In October 2016 we planted a large area of the meadow with wildflower seed and over the last few years this has naturally spread to other areas of the meadow. Our woodland has snow drops, daffodils and bluebells and we have orchids in the wildlife meadow.
What are the roaring sounds I hear during the day?
- Our neighbours are Roarr!! Dinosaur Adventure and you'll likely hear a few roars during your stay. You can also spot a dinosaur from our woodland!