If you manage to tear yourself away from your yurt and the site, then the surrounding area is packed full of every kind of adventure you could need, Norfolk is a tourist's paradise. There's biking, hiking, vast expanses of sandy beaches, charming coastal villages and market towns as well as culture and history in Norwich.
A stone's throw away
- Dinosaur Adventure Park - 85 acres to explore the amazing world of dinosaurs. Plus they have an indoor play zone and you can take a deer safari to visit the deer that you can see from our woodland closeup.
- Foxley Wood - Norfolk's largest remaining ancient woodland, particularly wonderful for bluebells in Spring.
- Mid Norfolk Railway - heritage passenger trains running between the market towns of Dereham and Wymondham, through 11 miles of idyllic Norfolk countryside.
- Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse - In this 50 acre site discover the historic workhouse, the Museum of life on the land and visit the farm animals. There's also a great adventure playground.
- Whitwell and Reepham Railway - a working railway with steam and Diesel engines which is open at weekend. They run steam engines on the 1st Sunday of each month and also have special events throughout the year.
- Local walks and cycle routes - there are many great walks in the local area, the ......
- Marriot's Way - a 26 mile footpath, cycle route and bridleway, which follows the routes of two disused railway lines, and runs between the historic market town of Aylsham and Norwich. You can join this in Lenwade, less than 1 mile away
- Wensum Way - a 12 mile footpath that passes through some beautiful central Norfolk landscape, much of it alongside or close to the river Wensum. It links Lenwade to Gressenhall, joins the Marriot's Way in Lenwade and can be walked as part of the Cross-Norfolk Trail from Kings Lynn to Great Yarmouth (Nar Valley Walk, Wensum Way, Marriot's Way, Wensum River Parkway & Wherryman
- Pensthorpe Natural Park - Explore nature trails and woodland walks and children can enjoy the adventure playground.
- Bure Valley Railway - This railway line runs through the picturesque Bure valley countryside following the meandering river through meadowland and ancient pasture between Alysham and Wroxham.
- Lovely market villages of Reepham, Aylsham, Holt are a short drive away
There are lots of welcoming pubs with great food nearby, including in Lyng (The Fox), Elsing (The Mermaid), North Tuddenham (The Lodge), Swanton Morley (Darby's) Reepham (Kings Arms & The Dial House).